About How Is Dextrose Monohydrate Used: The Basics
In the food industry, Dextrose Monohydrate is used in the production of baked goods, candy and gum, creams and frozen dairy products (like some ice-creams and frozen yogurts), alcoholic beverages, jarred and canned foods, cured meats and also energy drinks. (See information below.)
It's also a common component of complete nutrition drinks and infant formulas.
Interestingly, Dextrose Monohydrate has preservative properties and is often used in fruit and vegetable processing to help keep them fresh. It's also used in dehydration.
One advantage of Dextrose Monohydrate as a preservative is that it doesn't alter the natural flavor of the food, especially compared to using sugar, another useful preservative.
The following information details some of the many applications of Dextrose Monohydrate in food manufacture and preparation.
Food Industry Applications of Dextrose Monohydrate
- aids "raising" in doughs as a the carbohydrate source for yeast fermentation
- assists in browning of the crust (Maillard Reaction) in breads, biscuits, pies, cakes, and cookies
Candy and Gum
- enhances the color and glossiness of gum and candy coatings
- imparts the "cool" texture/feeling (think gum and mints)
- contributes "airy" texture (think marshmallow and nougat)
Creams and Frozen Dairy
- helps impart smooth texture in frozen products (like ice cream and frozen yogurt) by limiting ice crystal formation
- small crystal size helps impart smooth texture in desserts and creams when partially replacing sugar
- used in low calorie beer products as the fermentable carbohydrate source to reduce calories
- used in some canned fruits, vegetables, jams, jellies, and even pickles (think vinegar fermentation) as a preservative
- enhances flavor by reducing sweetness compared to using sugar
- enhances the color of cured meats
Order Dextrose MonohydrateNo matter how you will be using Dextrose Monohydrate in your products, allow our customer oriented sales and distribution teams to service your order.
Contact us for information about ordering Dextrose Monohydrate.
About How Is Dextrose Monohydrate Used Shipping
|Min Order||Varies by Product|
|Avg Delivery Time||3 Days|